· Dallas, TX- Thursday, September 6- Verizon Theatre at Grand Prarie
· Atlanta, GA- Monday, September 10- Philips Arena
· Washington, D.C.- Wednesday, September 12- The Verizon Center
· Newark, NJ- Thursday, September 13- Prudential Center
· Detroit, MI- Saturday, September 15- Joe Louis Arena
· Chicago, IL- Monday, September 17- United Center
· Los Angeles, CA- Friday, September 21- STAPLES Center
· Finale Event: New York, NY- Sunday, November 4- Barclays Center
This year the 2012 Best Gospel Choir in America will be hosted by the GRAMMY®-winning recording artist, producer and composer Donald Lawrence. The judges are Erica Campbell, Fred Hammond, Bishop Hezekiah Walker and CeCe Winans.Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound® tour is back and in search of the 2012 Best Gospel Choir in America! Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound is Bigger and better than ever with the inclusion of community choirs. Register your choir for the chance to win over $50,000 in cash and prizes and be named The Best Gospel Choir in America.
Who Can Participate?
- Any Community Choir or Choir that is affiliated with a church or religious organization with a mailing address within the zip codes of the 7 Regions above can participate in this year Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound tour.
- Each Choir must have between 12 to 75 members performing on stage.
- Each participant must be 18 years of age or older as of June 30, 2012.
- Choir representative must be 21 years or older as of June 30, 2012.
Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound is a truly amazing celebration of gospel music! It’s not only touched my life, but the lives of each and every choir that graces the stage. I’m extremely pleased to be a part of this wonderful experience once again. I personally invite you and your family to come out for an evening filled with joy, music and celebration. I look forward to seeing you out there. Yours in praise and song, -Donald Lawrence.
Register your choir for the chance to win over $50,000 in cash and prizes and be named The Best Gospel Choir in America!