Your #1 resource for all Entertainments, Christian artists updates, events and related hot news.

Pin It

MARVIN SAPP RETURNS FIRST CD SINCE WIFE DIED IN 2010

 In this CD cover image released by Verity/Zomba, the latest release by Marvin Sapp, I Win.

Marvin Sapp,

I Win (Verity/Zomba)

Marvin Sapp’s world was rocked when his wife MaLinda died from colon cancer in 2010. Along with his personal life, the gospel singer also had to transition musically without his wife, who managed his career and encouraged him to release Never Would Have Made It, the 2007 song that would become his biggest hit.
But in his wife’s absence, Sapp says his three children helped him select material for his ninth album,I Win, which is filled with high-energy tracks and uplifting messages on how to endure life’s obstacles.
Sapp recorded the 10-song album live at a show in Upper Marlboro, Md. It’s led by the first single, My Testimony, a mid-tempo song where he sings the 
CD cover In this CD cover image released by Verity/Zomba, 
the latest release by Marvin Sapp, I Win.
The Associated Press
inspirational words, “I got some scars, but I’m still alive/In spite of calamity/He still has a plan for me/And it’s working for my good/And it’s building my testimony.”
Sapp’s soaring voice is accompanied by a choir on Glory, a piano-driven track that starts off with a slow pace then comes to an adrenaline-pumping end. Much like this song, the singer — who is a pastor at Lighthouse Full Life Center Church in Grand Rapids, Mich. — often takes a moment to inject a thought-provoking message.
On The Hymns Medley Sapp calmly sings with only a pipe organ backing him up, while sprinkles of cheers and claps are heard throughout the song. He pours out his heart on the album’s title track, claiming at the end, “I ain’t no chump. I’m a winner.”
There are many others enjoyable songs such as Deeper and I Belong To You” proving that Sapp has delivered another victorious album with, I Win.

You need to check out this track:

My Testimony is a track that finds Sapp breaking down with emotion halfway through the 10-plus minute song.
Follow Jonathan Landrum Jr. on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/mrlandrum31